Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Valley

The Semester if over.  Finally.  And I am relieved to be done.  Bloody Hell in America, I am wiped out.  Emotionally.  Physically.  Spiritually. 

This present unpleasantness perfectly illustrates the dry period. As I walk in my Christian Faith and as I walk with the Lord, sometimes I don't always hear his voice. Sometimes his voice isn't as crystal clear as other times. Sometimes I have to keep walking and moving and working. If I based my momentum on hearing his voice I'd spend a lot of time standing still. Stagnancy breeds bitterness.

For today I am in a valley. However, I know that as I walk in this valley The Lord is with me always. I know that no matter what he has not forsaken me and he will continue to love me completely. Tomorrow I may find myself on the Mountain top wrapped up in a experience with God. I don't live on the Mountain top. I live wherever he places me and a lot of the time that is in the valley. The valley is where the crops are planted, and the valley is where the workers are needed.

I could continue to live on the Mountain top... but what would I do there? Brew ale? The practical work of my Christian faith has to be acted out in the valley. the valley is where the crops are planted and the crops are ready for harvest.  A dry spell isn't always so bad.  If it were wet all the time nothing would ever grow.  There'd be too much rain. 

-N

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"..and I will walk through the valley if you want me to..."